When it comes to complicated issues like hypothyroidism, menu selection can be rather tricky. There are so many restrictions to be followed, so many factors to consider…all because the thyroid gland is under functioning, throwing your metabolism rate off the track. Slow metabolism means slow rate of food disintegration and that gives the body cell enough time to absorb unwanted fat.
Result: obesity and all other appendage complications.
Inference: You need to consider which are the foods that should make it into your diet; and that extends to your beverages as well.
To help you out, here are a few good old beverage recipes ideal for hypothyroidism patients.
Pineapple is a great source of iodine, and iodine deficiency is a major factor precipitating hypothyroidism. Together parsley and pineapple are easy to digest and rich in nutrition.
- A gallon of water
- A bunch of fresh parsley leaves
- ½ a gallon of pineapple juice (unsweetened)
- Ice cubes
Method of preparation:
- Put the parsley leaves in your blender. Fill it with water so that the parsley is fully submerged.
- Blend and extract the juice, separate it from the pulp.
- Repeat this blending and extraction process till the parsley is reduced to a mere pulp. Keep it aside; you can add it to your glass of juice later on if you like.
- Add the pineapple juice and ice cubes according to the consistency you want. It is advised that you add twice the amount of liquid since that will lessen the concentration of fruit sugar and help keep your insulin levels in better control.
Blueberries are a great source of vitamins and the powerhouse of antioxidants. They help stabilize the metabolism and stave off the other detrimental effects of hypothyroidism and obesity.
- Organic blueberries washed
- A handful of hemp seeds
- 1 and ½ teaspoonful of ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon of milk whistle
- A handful of nuts: almonds, walnuts etc.
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey (raw)
- ½ tablespoonful of camu camu powder
- 1 cup full warm water
Method of preparation:
Pour all the ingredients into your blender, blend well and serve.
Now you have 2 delicious beverages to try out, and your hypothyroidism will NOT come in the way…and let us know your choicest recipes too!
Incoming search terms:
- best juicing recipe to treat hypothyroidism (7)
- recipes for hypothyroid patients (5)
- recipes for hypothyroidism (3)
- hypothyroid recipes (3)
- Hypothyroid Drink recipes (2)
- hypothyroid patients (2)
- pineapple parsley drink for the thyroid (2)
- recipes for hypothyroid (2)
- hypothyroid juice recipe (2)
- recipes for hypothyroidism patients (2)
- best drink for hypothyroidism (2)
- parsley to hypothyroid (1)
- pineapple and thyroid (1)
- parsley thyroid function (1)
- parsley for hypothyroid (1)
- parsley for forhypothyroid (1)
- nutriblender hypothyroidism (1)
- what drink is good for hypothyroidism (1)
- pineapple juice is good medicine for thyroid (1)
- pineapple juice it is good for a thyroid patiente (1)